Pedestrian Accidents result in serious injuries and death more often than any other crash
With an ever increasing number of vehicles on the roads, pedestrian accidents are on the rise in Bellingham, and when they happen, the accident victim is often seriously injured. Since pedestrians have no protection from the weight and speed of a moving vehicle, a collision usually requires significant medical treatment, long-term recovery time, and huge medical bills.
Bill Coats helps his pedestrian accident clients receive a full settlement
Attorney Bill Coats understands the trauma that clients experience after a pedestrian crash. Often the crash victim has done nothing wrong but is left dealing with pain, permanent disability, lost work, and huge medical bills. Bill works with insurance companies and medical providers to make sure bills are paid, proper medical treatment is received, and a full settlement is obtained.
If you or someone you know are dealing with the aftermath of a serious pedestrian accident, begin the process of healing by contacting Bill. You can reach him by calling (360) 392-2833 or by completing this simple contact form.
Even when pedestrians follow all the rules, they are vulnerable to accident and injury
According to recent data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- In 2010, 4,280 pedestrians were killed in traffic crashes in the United States, and another 70,000 pedestrians were injured.
- There averages one crash-related pedestrian death every 2 hours, and a pedestrian injury every 8 minutes.
- Pedestrians are 1.5 times more likely than passenger vehicle occupants to be killed in a car crash on each trip.
- 32% of all pedestrian fatalities occurred between 8:00 pm. and 11:59 pm.
- People most often involved in pedestrian crashes are adults over 65, children, and drivers and pedestrians who are impaired by alcohol.
These statistics illustrate the very real danger that pedestrians face. And when an accident happens, the pedestrian often faces serious injuries, extensive medical treatment, and huge medical bills. Local Bellingham personal injury attorney Bill Coats can help.
Even if the collision happened outside of a crosswalk, there may be insurance coverage
Every pedestrian crash is different – the circumstances, the causes, and the vehicle speed and direction all create a unique situation that requires experienced legal help to understand and resolve. Bill Coats Law has the experience you need to obtain the funds needed to recover and move forward with life.
Bill Coats has handled many pedestrian accident claims for clients including:
- $355,000 for the trauma a husband endured in witnessing his wife being hit by a truck.
- $195,000 to help pay residual damages to a woman whose shoulder injury from being hit by a van reduced her quality of life and ability to do simple things.
Pedestrian accidents can happen to anyone at any time, and usually result in significant injuries. If you have been injured, or if a loved one has been killed in a collision, you need experienced representation to secure the settlement needed to handle the financial burden caused by the accident. Contact Bill Coats Law in downtown Bellingham to begin the process immediately.
If you have been in a different type of collision and want specific information about it, please click on the corresponding link below:
Semi Tractor Trailer and Truck Accidents